Political advocacy is one of the lines of action that the Colombian Autism League has, which is why we generate actions seeking to guarantee the rights of people with autism. We have made progress in the task, achieving that this is visible in the group of people with disabilities.
We work in alliance with organizations of people with disabilities in our country, promoting joint work with families and institutions in cities and municipalities that have actions in favor of the population with autism such as Barranquilla, Bucaramanga, Cali, Cartagena, Cúcuta, Cumaral, Duitama , Ibagué, Manizales, Medellín, Pereira, Samacá and Sincelejo.
Currently we are part of the GES Sectoral Liaison Group, http://bit.ly/2sSf3nj representing civil society, in this framework we attend the inclusive education table of the Ministry of Education, Committee for the development of Policy National City, among others.
We have participated with contributions in the construction and regulation of regulations in favor of people with disabilities:
- Statutory Law 1618 - Effective enjoyment of the rights of persons with disabilities
- Mental Health Law 1616
- Decree 1421, which regulates educational attention to the population with disabilities within the framework of inclusive education.
- Law 1996, by means of which the regime for the exercise of legal capacity of persons with disabilities of legal age is established.
- Resolution 1904 aimed at guaranteeing that people with disabilities have access to adequate and sufficient information on their sexual rights and reproductive rights.
- Sentence 573/2016 in easy reading.
We share some about disability regulations:
- UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
- Easy-to-read UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
- Document prepared LICA with the participation of families of people with autism
- Result of survey to families year 2015
- Clinical Protocol Ministry of Health and Social Protection
- Family survey analysis